Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens’ Winter Flower Show returns for this holiday season. The Pittsburgh conservatory and botanical gardens features an array of holiday trees, topiaries, designs and lights.
Floral displays include amaryllis, orchids and more than 1,600 poinsettias. Back this year is the magnificent and peaceful Winter Light Garden, complete with lighted orbs, trees, fountains and a tunnel of lights.
Indoors, be sure to check out the “Garden Railroad: Our National Parks” with miniature recreations of national parks.
It’s important to note that even if you’ve been to a Phipps’ holiday season event before, the displays change every holiday season!
Phipps says NEW features this year include:
- “a fantastic frozen journey that takes you through the enchanted arctic, with dripping icicle lights, hanging snowflakes and trees glowing blue;
- an array of 19 varieties of poinsettias and friendly topiary reindeer to welcome you;
- a dazzling display where a massive arctic whale spray waters from beneath a glowing iceberg as the Victoria Pond glows with underwater blue lights;
- a unique floral color scheme of pink, orange, lime green, yellow and purple to complement whimsical narwhals and unicorns amid the multi-colored trees and icy ponds;
- a silly abominable snowman decorating a tree in twinkling white lights as snowflake lanterns illuminate his work;
- a North Pole-inspired display brought to life with polar bear topiaries, purple, blue and green lighting, and an abundance of glistening snowfall lights.
- a new display in Winter Light Garden that features a tunnel of neon orange and green rope lights alongside planters of gleaming mesh flowers in bold tones of yellow, pink, orange and red”
If you go…
- Details: Opens Nov. 18 and continues through Jan. 8. Daily hours for Winter Flower Show are 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. (with select nights until 11 p.m.). Phipps is closed Nov. 25 and Dec. 25. Phipps will close at 5 p.m. Dec. 24.
- Cost: Admission for adults ranges from $19.95 to $27.95 for adults, $17.95 to $25.95 for people over 62 and students over 18, and $11.95 to $15.95 for children (ages 2 – 18). Members and kids under 2 enter free.
- All member and nonmember tickets must be reserved in advance.
- Online: phipps.conservatory.org